Sunday, February 12, 2012

Accidental Chicken Soup

Went to a restaurant a few weeks ago, they served a chicken chowder that tasted like the inside of a pot pie. My attempt to recreate ended in an utter failure...however, the result was a decent chicken soup (nothing like chowder).  So here is the recipe for my accidental chicken soup:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound chicken breast, cubed
1.5 pounds of potatoes, no skin, cubed
2 cups of frozen vegetable mix
1 cup chicken stock
1 medium white onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
salt, pepper, paprika to taste

put all ingredients, mixed, into a slow cooker...I only had a few hours so I did it on high for 4.5 hours.  I served it with an onion roll, courtesy of the wonderful bakers at Whole Foods.
The calorie count came out at 29.8 calories an ounce...which is a bit higher than I would like for the lack of richness.  This recipe certainly needs refinement.





No comments:

Post a Comment