Monday, February 20, 2012

Pork Chop

Got inspired when I saw pork chops at the butcher yesterday, so I grabbed one...here's what became of it.
Yesterday I placed my pork chop in 1 cup of chicken stock and 1/2 cup vegetable stock in a Tupperware.   Let it sit in that overnight so it stayed moist.
Today, I caramelized 2 large white onions
Crazy how much they reduce!

Pork chop ingredients:
2 ozs caramelized onions
2tbs flour-separated
1 pork chop
1cup chicken stock
1/2 cup vegetable stock
salt
pepper
paprika
garlic salt
1 oz smoked gouda sliced thin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Well, this made 8ozs of onion...obviously I didn't need that much (they'll be used throughout the week)  I put 2 oz aside for tonight's recipe.
While working on that, I seared my pork chop, once dredged in 1tbs of flour.  I sprinkled one side with paprika and one with salt and pepper.  Once, seared, I placed in the oven,  and pour the stock it had sat in over night to cook around it.

After 30 minutes, I removed the stock from the baking pan and reduced the oven heat to 200 degrees.  I placed thin slices of gouda over pork chop to melt.  
I mixed the stock with 1 tbs flour, whisked, and combined with 2 ozs caramelized onions.  I put over medium high heat to reduce for 15 minutes until pork had reached desired internal temp.  This is gravy!  Season with salt/pepper/garlic salt.

Sooo good

Pork chop, shows gouda on top and gravy

Some gravy left over for mashed potatoes too!

Complete meal was 462 calories...including my mashed potatoes. (I mash half a potato with 2tbs milk, add salt and pepper)
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Mikes missing out lol! Gotta do up more vegetarian meals :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do a good share of them but mike doesn't even vegetables either so he's still missing out! hah

      Delete