Saturday, July 28, 2012

Another night out in Providence

If you haven't realized it yet, we tend to go out a bit in Providence.  It's only a five minute drive to an awesome city, so we take full advantage.  Our friend Jalal came to visit this weekend so we took him to our favorite spot, Union Station Brewery.  The food is consistently yummy and reasonably, the service is consistently great, and the beer is awesome.  It's a great location, close to the mall and waterfire.  We try different restaurants but we always end up at the brewery because it never lets us down.

Started the meal off with a beer, I chose the buster brown ale and it was exactly as described, very smooth with hints of chocolate and toffee.  I'm not a huge hops fan so this was perfect for me

Next we had nachos with guacamole, I love the fresh salsa they use.

Sorry the picture is sideways...photobucket is being weird but anyways!!  I was debating what to get yesterday, I narrowed it down to Buffalo chicken pizza, BBQ meatloaf and Farfalle.  
1.Buffalo chicken pizza worried me, could see that being too much or making my picky stomach sick
2.Farfalle is something I could easily make at home.
3.I would never make BBQ meatloaf since I usually only buy beef in the form of steak: decision made.

It was very good, the BBQ sauce was a perfect addition.  The mashed potatoes were different than the last time I had them, they had chives mixed in and had a great flavor and texture.  The grilled veggies were a nice addition to the heavy base of the dish.  I wasn't a huge fan of the onion ring but I'm not generally a fried foods person; they use to serve this dish with a series of very thing onion rings that were breaded and lightly fried, those I enjoyed more.

Overall we had an awesome meal as usual.  The rest of my clan ordered different types of burgers: (Info directly take from website) CHIPOTLE BBQ bacon, cheddar cheese, house BBQ 
sauce and SMOKEHOUSE ale-braised onions, smoked gouda cheese, bacon, smoked tomato aioli, crisp onion ring.  Both really enjoyed their burgers and had difficultly eating them due to the size.  Clauds cut his burger in half (fail) and Jalal went all in and made a mess.  

We will continue to go to this place over and over again! One of my favorite shows is How I Met Your Mother, a group of friends live above/frequent a bar called MacLaren's Pub...Union station is our Maclaren's.  We only wish we could live above it.




No comments:

Post a Comment