Monday, July 30, 2012

Spinach, Sausage and Feta Mini-Quiche with Potato Crust

The owner of my company had an awesome spinach, cilantro and parsley torte a few months ago for lunch...it inspired some new recipes on my part.  This is one of the variations I have come up with; I would post a link to the original recipe but she hand wrote it for me so I don't know who it belonged to first. This recipe is so incredibly different than the original, I'm not sure it's necessary to reference the initial recipe anyway.
This recipe also gave me the opportunity to use one of my favorite kitchen things, my silicone muffin cups from Williams Sonoma!  They work perfectly for this recipe because you can bend the muffin cup away and maintain the shape of the quiche!  Easy to clean and reusable, that's what I love!  Who cares if they're Christmas colors?? I got them for 75% off so as far as I'm concerned it can be Christmas year round!
Fresh out of the oven!

On my breakfast plate this morning

and cut open

Taste was great!  This is probably my favorite mini quiche yet!  The recipe made 12 so I eat 2 every morning for breakfast.  I microwave them for 30 seconds, then put them in the toaster for 4 minutes.  

Ingredients:
1tbs olive oil
334 grams potato (almost 2 large)
6 eggs
4 breakfast sausage links, casing removed and crumbed and cooked
1/2c feta cheese
6oz sauteed spinach
salt and pepper to taste

I'm not going to lie, the first part of this is a pain but it is worth it.  Slice potatoes paper thin so that they can line your muffin tins (or springform depending on what you want to make).  I like to cut 12 circles for the bottom of the cup and then slices for the sides but it's up to you.  Cut all of these and then pan fry them lightly in the olive oil.  Once potato is cooked, line tins and preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a mixing remaining ingredients until blended well.  Spoon mixture into muffin tin.  About 1/4c of mixture fits in each muffin tin.  Bake for 20-30 minutes.  

You could use a bit more cheese for more flavor but I was trying to keep calories in mind.

Calorie Content: 108 calories each quiche



No comments:

Post a Comment