Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jerk Chicken Pizza

Every year we have a SHG BBQ and some awesome friends of ours bring jerk chicken.  I thought to myself, this would be awesome on a pizza.  That idea came last year and I finally got around to making a pizza tonight! I planned most of the ingredients Sunday and then threw in a crazy one today, sweet potato.  This pizza is one of the best foods I have ever made.

A crazy mix of ingredients that resulted in one awesome pizza.
Ingredients:
Individual pizza crust, I used a few ounces of a local bakery's dough
4 oz chicken marinaded in jerk sauce
1 oz avocado sliced
1 serving mozzarella cheese
50 grams sweet potato cooked and mashed
1 oz raw red onion, diced

Cook crust according to directions...when you put toppings on varies depending on the crust as does the temp, etc.  Sautee chicken in pan until cooked though, add red onion and cook until slightly cooked.  Spread sweet potato on dough, cover with chicken and onion mixture, add mozzarella cheese and top with avocado.  Cook until cheese is melted. Enjoy every single bite!

Next time I may put the onion on raw for more texture and I may play with the cheese a bit for something with a bite to it but this was an awesome dinner!

Calorie Content: 636 for the whole pizza but content will depend on the dough and cheese you use


No comments:

Post a Comment