Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Smoothie Time

I am typically not a huge smoothie fan, simply due to the fact that they are calorie dense and I usually want to be able to bite into my dessert...not sip it through a straw.  Tonight I had a brief change of heart...maybe due to the fact that it is 90 degrees outside and a baked good just wasn't going to do it for me.  Then I hit my next boundary when I realized that I did not have a  standard blender (thew it out when we moved this last time)...I used my immersion blender and it worked just fine!  I stuck to fruit and yogurt with no added sugar or honey.  You could add additional sugar if you think it's necessary but I thought it was sweet enough the way it was.
Strawberry, watermelon and kiwi smoothie

Me and the rediscovered love of my life,watermelon!


Ingredients:
1 strawberry greek yogurt (whole foods brand)
280 grams watermelon
1 small ripe kiwi

I combined all ingredients and blended...then added some ice for thickness.  Yummy!  

Calorie Content: 278 Calories (It made slightly more than the glass shown but I wanted to make it look pretty) 

No comments:

Post a Comment